Thursday 16 October 2014

as good as it gets

When it’s summer again, I’ll eat ice cream and spend time outside every day.
When I get older I’ll save up for a big house.
When I’ve got enough experience I’ll have my own company & be the boss.
When I’m the boss I will only work on things I want to & I’ll choose my own working hours.
When I’ve lived in one place for long enough, I’ll know enough people to invite over to big dinner parties.
When I get my act together and start training I’ll finally get that six pack.
AND when I move abroad, I’ll do and have all of the above!

I’ve got used to everything being temporary so I’m always looking ahead. But (quoting Jack Nicholson as Melvin Udall) what if this is as good as it gets?

What if it rains all summer? What if I end up always being an employee not an employer? What if I love food better than exercise? And what if I don’t move abroad? (*GASP*)


I’ve realized it’s good to daydream, it takes you places & pushes you to do more. But it’s even more important to keep your feet on the ground, grow some roots and make short term plans instead of looking too far ahead. Here comes the cliché of the day:
                      Every day is as good as it getsyou just gotta make it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment